PADI Tec 40 Course
The PADI Tec 40 course is where you transition from recreational diving to technical diving. It's a natural progression from Tec Basics, or it can be your first tec diver course. It is the bridge between no stop diving and technical decompression diving. You will gain experience and begin building the knowledge and skills you need to continue your tec diver training. You will qualify to make limited decompression dives to 40 metres/130 feet and use up to 50 percent oxygen as a decompression gas.
How Do You Get Started
To enroll in the Tec 40 course, you must meet these qualifications:
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver, and PADI Rescue Diver recommended
- PADI Enriched Air Diver
- PADI Deep Diver or proof of 10 dives to 30 metres/100 feet or deeper
- 30 logged dives
- 18 years old
The Tec 40 course consists of seven knowledge development sections, four practical application sessions and four training dives. You'll learn about:
- Technical diving risks and responsibilities
- Technical diving equipment, dive equipment configuration, and use
- Team diving and communication
- Decompression and gas planning using dive planning software
- Team diving techniques and emergency procedures to deal with free flows and out of gas situations
- Thinking Like a Technical Diver
- Handling Underwater Problems
- Self-study with Classroom Practice
- 1 day Confined Water Training
- 2 days Openwater Training
Theory and Confined water training (the open water dives can be done on referral)
- PADI e-Learning w/ Classroom Practice - $200
- Dive Training 3 Days - $650
- Equipment Rental - $100
- No additional charge for the Nitrox
*Full price has to be paid before class. No same-day payment is accepted.
**Please make an appointment for theory one week before the class. Reschedule has to be done two days before the class; no additional fee is required. Fees apply for rescheduling two days before the class.
***Please make an appointment for Confined Water and Open Water Training 2 weeks before the class. Reschedule has to be done two weeks before the class; no additional fee is required. Fees apply for rescheduling two weeks before the class.
****Personal equipment requirement is a mask, booties, SMB w/ Spool.
Big Blue upholds the highest standards in the diving industry.
Please call 1(516)869-1888 or email email@example.com for more information.