The ancient villages of the Ming Dynasty that originated over 600 years ago.
Qiandao Lake lies in Zhejiang Province which is about 400km away from Shanghai. The lake covers 573 sq. Km and there are 1078 islands in the lake region.
From April to October is the best season for vacation. The beautiful scene of the lake and great food will leave you a fantastic memory.
The ancient villages of the Ming Dynasty that originated over 600 years ago. The underwater village here has a typical local architectural style and is relatively well preserved. The overdoor, the beam and the pillar have all been beautifully carved, and the structure of the houses are clear at a glance. In addition to some of the homes that have been found, we will also take you to explore the unknown areas and perhaps find some new and unexpected discoveries.
Diving at the ancient village in Qiandao Lake is available all year around, but the best time to dive the site is November to May. The information below is for your reference.
|Dec - Mar||Apr - Jun||Jul - Sep||Oct - Nov|
(Surface - Bottom)
|Recommended Suit||Dry Suit||Semi-dry or Dry||Semi-dry or Dry||Semi-dry or Dry|
(roof - bottom)
Day 1 (January 3rd) - Departure
17:00 - Take the minibus from Shanghai to Qiandao Lake (2 breaks on the way at around 19:30 and 21:30)
23:00 - Arrive and check in the hotel which is close to the dive site.
Day 2 (January 4th) - Check Dive and Explore the Ancient Village
08:00 - Breakfast
09:30 - Check dive in the lagoon *
11:30 - House of Zhi and Hall of Houhe in the ancient village
12:30 - Lunch
14:30 - Ancestral Hall in the ancient village
18:30 - Dinner
Stay overnight at the farmhouse resort.
Day 3 (January 5th) - Explore the Ancient Village and Back
07:30 - Get up and breakfast
09:00 - Dive the grand house in the ancient village
11:00 - The ancient village explorational dive
12:00 - Return to the farmhouse resort, sort out equipment, rest and pack up
12:30 - Lunch
13:30 - Check out and take the minibus back to Shanghai
19:00 - Return to Big Blue Dive Shop
* For safety concern, all divers are required to complete the skills below in their check dive:
1. Fin pivot (neutral buoyancy skill)
3. Stop at the predetermined depth and hover
4. Alternate air source breathing when hovering
Please note that the divers who do not display ample buoyancy control or skills mastery will not be allowed to dive the ancient village for safety reasons. They need to practice the buoyancy skills with our instructor in the lagoon in subsequent dives till they meet the performance requirement.
Sengang Farmhouse Resort
Farmhouse is close to the dive site of the underwater village.
Diver: $500 Per Person
Additional Day for Diver: $150 Per Person
Non-diver: $200 CNY Per Person
Additional Day for Non-diver: $60 CNY Per Person
- Travel Insurance
- Transfer between Shanghai, Qiandao Lake and dive sites
- Twin shared room
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and water
- 5 dives altogether
- Tanks, weights and divemaster services
- Soft drinks and beer
- Anything not listed in the costs included
- Be a non-divers or
- Certified as PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent
- At least 50 logged dives
- Ample buoyancy control skills
- You'll need your Passport, Dive Certification and Toiletries.
- The water temperature on the bottom is around 12 - 16C. A dry suit, or semi-dry diving suit, or 5mm dual pieces wetsuit is recommended. Hood and gloves are necessary too.
- An Underwater Flashlight is a necessary piece of equipment to dive the underwater ancient village.
- NO SPEAR FISHING.
- You will be responsible to follow Safe Diving Practices and dive within your limits.
- We recommend that you wait a minimum of 18 hours and sometimes up to 24 hours after diving before you fly.
- Big Blue has a do not touch and no recovery rule to preserve and protect the site. Failure to follow this rule will result in the rest of your diving being forfeited.
- Please note we need a minimum of 2 guests for departure.
Reservation and Cancellation
Please email or call to check the available schedule.
If you need a reservation or have any questions, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com or call 1 (516) 869-1888.
Private trips are available on request.