PADI Freediver Course
Your first step toward discovering why freediving is becoming a popular way to explore beneath the waves. No previous freediving course is required.
Freediving is about inward power, discipline and control. If you’ve always wanted to enter the underwater world quietly, on your own terms, staying as long as your breath allows, then freediving is for you. Taking the PADI Freediver course is your first step toward discovering why freediving is becoming a popular way to explore beneath the waves.
To enroll in a PADI Freediver course you must be at least 15 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or freediving is required.
The PADI Freediver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge development about freediving principles through independent study with PADI Freediver eLearning (or your instructor may conduct class sessions if not available in a language you understand).
- Confined water session to learn breathhold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea. Goal – static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic apnea of 25 metres/80 feet.
- Open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight freedives, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal – constant weight freedive of 10 metres/30 feet.
In the PADI Freediver course, you learn to use a mask, snorkel and fins, and may also use a wetsuit and weight belt. Using gear designed specifically for freediving is best, however, in this course, you may be able to use snorkeling equipment you already own.
How Do You Get Started
- Be 15 years of age or older
- Theory Sessions
- Confined Water Sessions
- Open Water Training Dives
Theory and Confined water training
*Full price has be paid before class. No same day payment accepted.
**Please make appointment for theory 1 week before the class. Reschedule has to be done 2 days before the class, no additional fee required. Fees apply for reschedule in 2 days before the class.
***Please make appointment for Confined Water and Open Water Training 2 week before the class. Reschedule has to be done 2 weeks before the class, no additional fee required. Fees apply for reschedule in 2 weeks before the class.
Dutch Springs Openwater Training (Admission Fee not included)
Notes: Personal equipment requirement is mask, snorkel, socks/booties & fins.
Please call for more PADI Pro Course