PADI Advanced Mermaid Course
Elevate your mermaiding experience in open water, while refining and improving your mermaid diving skills.
In the PADI Advanced Mermaid™ course, you'll build on your PADI Mermaid™ certification and apply it to the open water environment. You'll learn the basics of how the open water environment differs from a pool or confined water (larger, deeper, more variable conditions) and be introduced to open water mermaiding techniques. You'll also learn about aquatic life – what to expect, how it can affect you, and how you avoid harm.
To enroll in the PADI Advanced Mermaid course you must be 12 years old or older and have a PADI Mermaid certification (or a qualifying certification from another mermaid organization). You need to be able to swim at least 100m/320ft without swim aids, able to float comfortably at the surface for at least 10 mins and in good physical health.
The PADI Advanced Mermaid course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge development through independent study with the PADI Advanced Mermaid eLearning (or your instructor may conduct class sessions if not available in your language).
- At least two confined water sessions, in which you'll learn to prepare for mermaiding, rescue/problem management skills and the conduct of mermaid dives. You also learn mermaid skills, such as dolphin (butterfly) kicks, C-shape and U-shape side turns, and some skills distinct to mermaid diving, including backward somersault turn, underwater handshaking mermaid bubbles, and back glides.
- Open water sessions in a natural local body of water, or purpose-built site significantly larger than a pool, suited to mermaid diving in which you learn and practice the set-up, conduct and execution of open water mermaid dives, including environmentally friendly mermaid diving techniques.
How Do You Get Started
- Be 12 years of age or older
- Theory Sessions
- Confined Water Sessions
- Open Water Training Dives
Theory and Confined water training
- PADI Mermaid Theory （ PADI e-Learning included ）- $61
- Confined Training - $250
- Openwater Training 1 Day Training - $250
- Equipment Rental - $30/Training (Confined water or Openwater)
*Full price has to be paid before class. No same-day payment is accepted.
**Please make an appointment for theory one week before the class. Reschedule has to be done two days before the class. No additional fee is required. Fees apply for rescheduling two days before the class.
***Please make an appointment for Confined Water and Open Water Training 2 weeks before the class. Reschedule has to be done two weeks before the class. No additional fee is required. Fees apply for rescheduling two weeks before the class.
****Personal equipment requirement is a mask and snorkel.
Big Blue upholds the highest standards in the diving industry.
Please call 1(516)869-1888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.