St. Thomas - USVI Diving Trip
Freediving & SCUBA
- Departure Date: Jan 11th, 2024 ( Thu )
- Return Date: Jan 16th, 2024 ( Tue )
A modern paradise filled with colonial jewels, St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands is both a historian’s and an adventure-seeker’s playground. The island boasts one of the most beautiful harbors in the world and some of the most popular activities in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Indulge in some of the world’s prettiest beaches. Re-discover history in storied museums, forts, and historic houses. Hike, bike, or take the sky tram. Play a round of golf. Attractions in St. Thomas appeal to both those seeking adventure and those looking for peaceful relaxation.
Found in the heart of the Caribbean, St Thomas boasts an impressive part of the world to scuba dive. The most populated of the island group, St Thomas is home to nearly 50% of the population of the Virgin Islands and offers a lively reef edge home to species of turtles, lobsters, and eels.
Crystal-clear waters that run as far as the eye can see are filled with nurse sharks, stingrays, squid, and octopus. The island of St Thomas and many neighboring islands were created by volcanic activity millions of years ago, which means dive sites offer a variety of terrain from incredible volcanic structures, making intriguing swim-throughs, volcanic tubes, and huge boulders.
The waters around the dive site are also home to large areas of hard and soft corals, creating various coral mounds and natural underwater structures to capture that perfect underwater photo.
- Day 1 ( Jan 11th ) - Departure
- Day 2 ( Jan 12th ) - 2 Morning Dives
- Day 3 ( Jan 13th ) - 2 Afternoon Dives
- Day 4 ( Jan 14th ) - 2 Morning Dives + 1 Night Dives
- Day 5 ( Jan 15th ) - 2 Morning Dives
Any dive sites are available but dependent on weather conditions.
- Day 6 ( Jan 16th ) - Check out and Departure to Cyril E. King Airport
- Travel Insurance
- Transfer between the airport and the hotel.
- Twin shared A/C room at Charlotte Amalie 3 Stars Hotel
- four days dive (9 dives total)
- Tanks, weight, and dive guide services
- Freedive (Open water training)
- Flight Ticket
- Dive Equipment rental
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Tips for DMs or Instructors (About $15 - 20 per day)
- Course fees
- Anything not listed in the costs above
- Mask and snorkel: $5 Per day
- Fins: $5 Per day
- Wetsuit: $10 Per day
- Regulator: $15 Per day
- BCD: $15 Per day
- Dive computer: $15 Per day
- Full set equipment: $45 Per day
- Underwater light: $15 Per day
Courses on trip
- No Extra Charge for the Freedive Training (Not including the eLearning and Pool section)
- OW Course: $200 (Not including the eLearning and Pool section)
- AOW Course: $400 (Including the Dive Theory and material)
- Rescue Diver Course: $400 (Including the Dive Theory and material)
- Other Courses: Please call for the detail
- Single room difference: $450 Per person
- You'll need your Passport and dive certification, and we recommend you have DAN insurance.
- The water temperature is around 78-80F; a 5mm or a 3mm full wetsuit is suggested.
- Dive sites could change due to weather conditions.
- NO SPEARFISHING.
- You will be responsible for following Safe Diving Practices and diving within your limits.
- The power supply in USVI is 120 volt / 60 Hz, and the power adapter is twin flat pins plug.
Reservation & Cancellation
- Please make a reservation before Dec 25, 2023.
- A 50% deposit is necessary to secure your seat. The remaining balance must be paid 30 days before departure.
- For cancellations less than 30 days prior, the trip is unacceptable, and we cannot give refunds.
If you need a reservation or have any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (516) 869-1888
Big Blue is looking forward to diving with you!